Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimps
Thai coconut soup with shrimps. Tasty spicy soup, easy to make and ready quickly. Great for lunch on the weekend, as an appetizer or just for in-between meals. It is also very tasty on a hot summer's day, with other tasty dishes, if you really don't feel like it.
Ingredients for Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimps:
- 1 lb - 450g medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can 14 oz - 400g coconut milk
- 3 cups - 0,7l fish stock of water with 2 fish stock cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chili, chopped (leaving the seeds in is spicier than if you remove them)
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lime
- a big handful of fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimps:
Put some olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion.
Add the red pepper, garlic, red curry paste and brown sugar. Stir.
Add the fish stock and coconut milk.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
While the soup is heating up, cut the lime into wedges and chop up the cilantro leaves.
Once the soup is simmering, add the shrimp.
Continue to simmer until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve the cilantro and lime on the side for use as garnish.