Scallots in Champagne Sauce Recipe
"If you are looking for a super festive appetizer for the Christmas dinner, you should definitely consider these scallops in champagne sauce"
Ingredients for Scallots in Champagne Sauce:
for 4 - 6 persons:
- 1½ lb - 700gr sea scallops
- 4 oz - 110 gr sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup - 120ml Champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
How to make Scallots in Champagne Sauce:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the Scallops and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Remove and keep warm.
Add shallot and mushroom to pan and saute until mushrooms darken.
Stir in champagne, mosterd and tarragon.
Scrape the pan to loosen browned bits.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve the Scallops with the Champagne Sauce.