Golden Tofu Soup
This Thai soup with noodles, fried tofu and cilantro is flavorful and packed with vegetables.
Ingredients for Golden Tofu Soup:
- 1 x 9 oz - 250g packet long-grain brown rice
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseed and thinly sliced
- 8 oz - 225g shitake or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 block (14 oz - 400g) organic tofu
- 1 can (14 oz - 400g) coconut milk
- 2 zucchinis, halve lengthways and then slice into 1" - 2cm chunks.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups - 0,5l water
- 2 cups - 0,5l vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- handful baby spinach
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1½ inch - 3,5cm knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- cilantro, to serve
How to make Golden Tofu Soup:
Boil the rice in salted water, using the instructions on the packet.
In a large sauce pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until softened.
Add in garlic, ginger, sweet potato, bell peppers and mushrooms, cook another 2 – 3 minutes.
Add curry powder and turmeric until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
Add in the coconut milk, water, vegetable stock and tofu, stir gently.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, until sweet potato is fork tender.
Turn off the heat, add in the lime juice and leafy baby spinach, stirring gently until the greens soften and wilt.
Serve the tofu curry overtop rice and enjoy with some fresh cilantro on top.