Updated: Apr 28
“A flavorful homemade Fish Soup is one of those dishes that we can eat any month of the year, regardless of the weather..”
- 3 cups - 750ml fish stock or water with 1½ fish bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel, thinly sliced, tips reserved and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 7 oz - 200g red snapper fillet or other beautiful fish fillet, skin on
- 12 oz - 340g fresh marinara mix
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make :
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add fennel and garlic and cook, stirring for 6 minutes or until softened.
Add tomatoes, fish stock and lemon rind.
Season with salt and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile, gently slash the skin on the snapper on the diagonal – this prevents the fish from curling. Then cut into four pieces.
Reduce the heat of fish stock and fennel mixture and add marinara mix.
Gently lay prepared red snapper fillets on top. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into bowls, topping each with red snapper and reserved finely chopped fennel.