Deep pan pizza
Ingredients for Deep pan pizza:
for 2 pizza:
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 (14oz - 400g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 green pepper chopped
- olive oil
- 1 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 sliced pork sausages
- 7 oz -200g fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 large handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of pancetta
How to make Deep pan pizza:
For making the dough see: Deep pan pizza dough
Preheat your oven to 400ºF -200C.
Put all the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor or liquidizer with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a purée. Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if it needs it.
Divide your blitzed tomato sauce between the pizzas and spread around.
Then divide the sliced sausages, the finally sliced onion and the chopped pepper on the top of each pizza.
Tear up the mozzarella and lay the pieces on the pizza, then sprinkle the grated Parmesan.
Finally let your slices of pancetta sort of fall on to the pizzas so they curl and crisp up as they cook. Place in the bottom of the oven for about 20 minutes so the base gets nice and crispy while the top is cooking.