Ingredients for Cheese Fondue:
- 12 oz - 350g Emmental cheese, shredded
- 12 oz - 350g Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 12 oz - 350g Tomme cheese
- 1 cup - 240ml dry white wine
- ½ cup - 120ml kirsch liqueur
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 or 2 French bread, wholewheat or white
- freshly cracked black pepper
How to make Cheese Fondue:
Cube the bread, and leave it out to let it dry a little.
Rub the bottom and sides of an earthenware pot with the garlic.
Pour wine into pot and place on stove over medium-high heat.
Bring wine to boil, add cheese and stir slowly with a wooden spoon. Before cheese is fully melted, take pot off the stove and place on a lighted fondue burner.
Season with pepper and add kirsch while stirring. Once cheese has entirely melted.
Serve with bread and fondue forks, stirring occasionally.
If cheese bubbles rapidly, turn down heat.
Tastyfood - Recipes
Cheese Fondue is a Swiss dish of melted cheese served
in a communal pot over a portable stove.