Ingredients for Pizza Calzone:
for 2 pizza:
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 (14oz - 400g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the toppings:
- olive oil
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup diced pepperoni
- 1 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 sliced pork sausages
- 7 oz -200g fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 large handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of pancetta
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make pizza Calzone:
For making the see: Pizza dough
Preheat your oven to 400ºF -200C.
Put all the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor or liquidizer with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a purée. Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if it needs it.
Divide your blitzed tomato sauce between the pizzas and spread around.
Roll parts out into thin circles on a lightly floured surface. Fill each circle with 1/2 of the cheese, meat, vegetable filling and fold over, securing edges by folding in and pressing with a fork. Brush the top of each calzone with egg and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot